Specialities and Master Scuba Diver
PADI Speciality Courses can improve the knowledge gained on your Advanced Open Water Course and expand your diving horizons. These speciality courses give you an opportunity to pursue areas of interest in more detail, giving you a greater knowledge, confidence and more diving experience in your chosen field. Five specialties, together with the Rescue Diver certification and 50 logged dives, results in a Master Scuba Diver rating – the highest non-professional PADI certification. It means that you have acquired significant training and experience in a variety of dive environments.
- Peak Performance Buoyancy (two dives)
- Night – (three dives, two boat dives, one beach dive)
- Underwater Navigator – (4dives)
- Deep (4 dives)
- Search and Recovery (4 dives)
Prerequisites for Speciality Courses
The prerequisites for specialities differ depending on what you wish to do. Please contact us with your details for more information.
Prerequisites for Master Scuba Diver
- 12 years old
- PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- PADI Rescue Diver or Junior Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Minimum of five PADI Specialty Diver courses
- Minimum of 50 logged dives
PADI Medical Form
All PADI Scuba Diving Course students must complete a medical form before starting the course (click the link below to view)
If the answer is YES to ANY of the questions, please print out the form and see a Doctor before traveling to Con Dao to obtain medical certification that it is safe for you to dive. We cannot do this on the island. If your answers are all NO’s, we can complete paperwork when you get here and start your course.
Also please note that when diving in Con Dao we require guests to be covered via insurance for diving, and emergency evacuation due to the remoteness of the island and limited medical facilities. If this is not already covered by your travel insurance policy, we recommend DAN (Divers Alert Network) for their coverage.
Visit www.danasiapacific.org for more information.
Con Dao Dive Center | Scuba Diving Vietnam
Bar200 Restaurant Café
Khu 6 Nguyen Van Linh street
Tel: +84 (0) 903 700 8483
For up to date information about Con Dao Dive Center, Scuba Diving and Snorkeling trip , Con Dao Island Tours and PADI Scuba Courses visit our Facebook Page.